Monday 3 February 2014

Evaluation Question 1- Part C- Radio Trailer


Conventions used:

Dialogue/Voiceover: If dialogue was not included no information about the film would be given and audiences would become confused and uninterested. My dialogue includes rhetorical questions that can grab the attention of my target audience and help increase their interest in the film. As for my voiceover I used a female voice instead of the conventional male voice because our single character is a female and I want the audience to think that I am one of the different personalities of our character. Similar to the Damien radio trailer I have used an echoed voice as this adds a tense atmosphere to the trailer without the use of visuals.

Soundtrack: This unknowingly instructs the audience how to feel at certain points in both films and trailers, such as when the should feel scared, happy or worried. My music instructs my audience to feel uncomfortable to what they are hearing, as they are hearing the inner thoughts of a young girl who under control of different versions of herself. Similar to Damien trailer the soundtrack is a track that audiences would expect to hear in that genre of film.

Sound levels: the levels of sound change to highlight the more powerful moments of atmosphere and suspense. At moments when it is quite I will have the audience trapped in a moment of suspense then shock them with a unexpected incoming voice. Similar to Damien the audio is getting louder and louder increasing the tense atmosphere, leaving the audience with a feeling of wonder of what have the just heard, convincing them to go and see the film in order for them to receive the answers that they want to now know.

Key information and enigmas: Providing the target audience with key information about the film is vital as they need to be aware of how they can view it and even if they are eligible to view to watch it (are they the correct age to the age certificate etc). I also include key parts of the dialogue that don't give too much away but also allowing the audience to have a clear idea of the genre and narrative. Similar to Damien I have used key parts of the dialogue and give some of the necessary information, except I forgot to mention where the film could be viewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment